100-Year-Old Our Lady of the Angels Chapel
Our Lady of Angels Chapel
100-Year-Old Chapel located inside Charlestown Community, Catonsville, Maryland.
When Our Lady of the Angels Chapel was built and dedicated in the early 20th century, it was surrounded by the rolling hills and open countryside of a farm that served as a retreat for the members of the Catholic order of the Sulpician Fathers.
For years, the chapel was the centerpiece of St. Charles College, a Catholic Seminary that operated at the site on Maiden Choice Lane from 1911 until 1977.
The gardens are maintained by residents in the community.